On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 03:17:15PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Thursday 2006-11-02 at 22:07 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 08:31:22PM -0300, Cristian Rodriguez R. wrote:
>
> > > Users unfortunately does not care a shit about the legal or ethical
> > > points on this, if SUSE does not have a quick and **extremely easy** way
> > > to do this, they will simple switch to a distribution that is including
> > > the drivers or providing a simple tool to install them. or will go back
> > > to windows.
> > >
> > > for me, and probably to every member of this list, installing the binary
> > > driver aint a problem, but to the userbase this is a very seriuos
> > > showstopper.
> >
> > Well, if we tell people _why_ we don't include it, explaining the legal
> > and ethical issues surrounding it, that's the best we can do.  If they
> > want to switch to something else for such a stance, I'm not going to
> > feel bad.
> >
> > In short, don't break the law just to appease some people who want you
> > to do so.
>

> I have friends that want to try linux, and they do, sometimes. They want
> everything to work by click click. If something needs to be installed,
> it's got to be with the mouse, windows install style. They don't care
> about licenses. I have tried to explain why, for instance, multimedia does
> not work: useless. Blah, blah, blah. They just want it to work, no matter
> how.

"no matter how" isn't good enough, sorry.  I'm not going to compromise
my legal rights, and my morals for such an argument.

And I would certianly hope that no one else would either.

That's just sad.

And a company can not just ignore the legal aspects of the world either,
no matter how "inconvient" it might be, that's insane.

greg k-h