Stefan,

On Saturday 04 November 2006 12:38, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> Randall
>
> You don't know the details, why we switched to newer releases of
> X.Org and freetype2. And no, we will not discuss all decisions for
> software updates. Especially when there are legal issues.

So you want to enlist our help in beta testing (and I put considerable
time into filing these reports and supplying the follow-up information
requested) and then just ignore us when we have problems you don't care
to fix?

Surely you can see that with an X server behaving as the current one
does the system has no usable GUI at all. Am I just supposed to accept
that?

And I do not see why legal issues are an excuse for not informing your
users. This is open source software, and I think we deserve to know
what's going on within the organization that is using that software for
their own profit-making purposes. We also need to know your reasoning
and plans so we can make our own plans. If you're not going to be able
to supply what I need, then I'd just as soon cut my losses now and
start working with a distribution that can.

I'd probably be more understanding if you'd give me something to go on,
but from what I'm getting here, it sounds like you don't give a damn
whether users and customers get something useful or not.

For the record, I've been paying for boxed versions of SuSE Linux for
over five years now, including every single version released from 9.0
onward and a few earlier ones. So far, I'd planned to buy the boxed
10.2 release, as well. So I feel I've got a legitimate reason to press
this issue.

> Stefan

Randall Schulz