Robby (M9.) Verberne schrieb:
> I am going to do this again, and never look back: 'bye bye zmd!'
> (go and fuck gnome..

Can you please keep your tone civil?

I was seriously writing yet another explanation of how all these things
depend on each other, but deleted it (not as a reaction to this, earlier
already).

What we really do not need in this very moment is yet another "I don't
like zmd, please change the distribution for me two weeks before the
very last freeze" thread. We are already offering a ridiculous amount of
alternative package managers for users who share this opinion.

You are very late in the game; consider getting involved earlier if
you're interested in openSUSE 10.3 development.

And such a noise because of 3 packages you can't manage to uninstall is
plain inappropriate. If smart is really the perfect tool for you, then
you should have noticed that it happily bypasses pattern dependencies
without a single complaint. Just do

smart remove zmd

and you're all set.

Andreas