Andreas Jaeger wrote:
"Terje J. Hanssen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
"Terje J. Hanssen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I miss immediately the
following two usual packages for seamless integration of openSUSE Linux
with Windows (to run Winapps):

* rdesktop
* tsclient
So, in which pattern should they end?

Somewhere in the default desktop(s) installation together with FreeNX etc.

and vnc?

We do not have rdesktop, tsclient, FreeNX in a pattern.  Would it make
sense to have a new one?  Or add them as "optional, not installed by
default" to the X11 pattern?

Personal I've also experienced that * iscan is the best package to get
full support out of Epson ADF or Photo/Film adapters scanners. For one
or another reason iscan has lacked a meny entry/launcher with an icon!
Isn't that in the list already?

Well, not in the initial lists of this thread, which I now see were
limited to the "core" installation.
The packages rdesktop and iscan, but tsclient(!) are found in both
pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/i586/
pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/x86_64/

tsclient version 0.140, as a common frontend for RDP, VNC and ICA. looks
to require also the ICAclient, which again require libldapskk.so.0
(novell-NLDAPsdk-dyn)

That's bad - ICAclient is Non-OSS ;-(

I expect iscan still lacks a menu entry for iscan, even it use to have a
nice image after startup from the terminal.

Please file a bugreport,

Andreas

I can't see tsclient yet in 10.2 Beta 2 (yes, rdesktop is there).
Is there any chance to get tsclient 0.148 in openSUSE 10.2 i386 and
x86_64 and without the dependices on the ICA client as mentioned for the
previous tsclient 0.140?

Here is the 0.148 rpm at Gnome Pro and also a package from Debian:
http://www.gnomepro.com/tsclient/
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/gnome/tsclient.html

The previous tsclient 0.140 for Suse was found here:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.1-i386/RPMS.gnome/
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.1/inst-source-extra/suse/i586
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/GNOME/update_for_10.1/applications ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/GNOME/update_for_10.1/yast-source/suse/i586/
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.1-x86_64/RPMS.gnome/

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen