> Pointer in the virtual
> machine is accelerated smack onto the edge of the virtual screen after
> 1-2cm of movement, regardless how fast/slow that movement was. :(

Found it. Because the baseline speed of the 4-button mouse on the host
is too fast, I tried to reduce it, and tested whether

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Option       "Resolution" "10"

has any discernible effect - not on the host, but it makes vmware
unusable.

Thanks for your replies.

Volker (still looking for a way to make a mouse slower)

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.