On 2006/11/22 16:21 (GMT-0500) Trey Sizemore apparently typed:

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:15:22 -0500

> Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> On 2006/11/02 13:20 (GMT-0500) Felix Miata apparently typed:

>> > In KDE Control Center, screensaver is disabled, and display power
>> > control is enabled to standby at 60 minutes. Yet, every few minutes
>> > with no screen activity, the display goes blank. This occurs
>> > whether or not I comment away Option "DPMS" in xorg.conf. Where's
>> > the bug, or what additional setting is keeping KDE from being
>> > obeyed?

>> Problem remains, and is highly annoying. Help please.

> When you say blank, does the display come back with mouse movement or
> keyboard input?  Or does it stay in a 'blanked' state?

Mouse movement or keyboard will bring it back instantly if done very
soon after the blanking starts. However, as many old Sonys do, it warms
up slowly, and takes longer to come back the longer it is left in a
blanked state. My Sempron/GForce2 system that shares that display fully
completes POST and gets into the Grub menu before the monitor warms up
enough to display anything after the system has been shut off a while.
--
"Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven."
                                                Matthew 5:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409