After I, and my three team members have invested a lot of time and emotions in
translating 10.2 into Danish I was shocked to find out that no tier-2
translations were included on RC1 dvd5, since they were there in beta2.

If my information is correct, this is what happened. There was no room for
translations on dvd9, noone knows why. Since it was planned to not include
the language addon cd in the box, again noone understands why, this meant no
tier-2 translations in the box. To avoid hurting the feelings of paying
customers the tier-2 translations were removed from dvd5 too.

Maybe I'm too emotional about this, but I'm literally in shock.

This will make things pretty difficult for all non-english, non-german,
non-french, non-spanish, non-czech, non-italian, non-<certain asians> to get
a localized product.

People already complain a lot about the download size of openSUSE.. now they
need a dvd _and_ an addon cd, and people buy a box and they don't get a
localized product.

Furthermore I think this is disrespectful to the volunteer tier-2 language
translators, that noone will use now. Because if the MS-deal and FUD didn't
scare 'em the download size and trouble involved with localzing the stuff
will.

And the solution is simple I think.

Put the damn language add-on CD in the freaking box or _make_ room on the
DVD9. And then put the translations back on the damn DVD5. If necessary raise
the price for the box with €1 or €2.. or make a special box for tier-2
countries that costs €2 more, so only those of us who've made the mistake of
living in small countries will bare the costs, without others having to
suffer.

Martin

PS. How does one instruct zen-updater to use a different language? I have
installed the Danish packages in the Language filter in YaST, but zen-updater
remains English.