Am Freitag, 24. November 2006 13:18 schrieb Stanislav Visnovsky:
> Dňa Pi 24. November 2006 12:41 Volker Kuhlmann napísal:
> > > However, if there is internet connection I can also choose:
> > >
> > > SLP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMB/CIFS, NFS.
> > >
> > > Bug or feature? It's also very annoying, that YaST removes all internet
> > > sources, if you start the module without internet connection.
> >
> > I'd almost rate that as "most annoying". Definitely a bug, as I
> > sometimes want to install from ftp://localhost/ because YOU can't handle
> > deltas from file://, and going through an ftp (or http) server just for
> > this is needed.
>
> IMO think this is pretty much expert scenario and you should be able to use
> command line tools for this.
>
> For a normal user, if there is no network connection, it does not make
> sense to attach to a network-based repository and it will fail in a way
> that's pretty hard to understand.

Does this mean: it's a feature?

So how about my next bug:
If you start the installation source module without internet connection, YaST
checks for each source, if it's available and prompts for OK, Cancel, Skip.

If you choose "Skip", YaST asks, if it should remove the installation source
immediately. If you choose here "No" (for not removing) the installation
source does not show up anymore.

YaST does not remove the source indeed, but as it does not show up, most users
may think, that it did so. If you have several sources set up, this might be
_very_ annoying.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger