That's what zmd-updater says, but it turns out that zmd-daemon is actually
running:

rczmd status
Checking for ZENworks Management Daemon:                             running

ps ax | grep zmd
 3140 ?        SNsl   0:01 zmd /usr/lib/zmd/zmd.exe

I have a fresh RC1 installation.

Right after installation there were 2 identical icons with zmd-updater.

After reboot, there's only one icon, but I get "zmd not running".

The update system so much needs to _just work_ this time around.

I'll look into bugzilla and file blockers if necessary.