Am Freitag, 24. November 2006 14:17 schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
> * Marcel Hilzinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Nov 24. 2006 14:13]:
> > Just a proposal for 10.3, as for 10.2 it's too late anyway:
> >
> > I think the installation source module should not fetch any other data
> > then the source name. It should just put the right info on the right
> > place, like editing /etc/apt/sources.list or a file in
> > /etc/yum/yum.d.repos/
>
> When adding a repository, retrieving the metadata is the right thing
> to do to detect problems. If you start to download metadata when starting
> a package manager, errors will be quite confusing.

But why 90% of all package managers work the other way? With apt, smart, yum
adding a source needs no internet connection and it's a matter of a second.
Metadata is only loaded, when you want to install something.  I don't see,
why the YaST solution would be better, but feel free to convince me ;-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG