"Ain Vagula" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> When talking about yast and lcn translations, then sorry - how much
> space these will take?

Language support for a language means:
* YaST and lcn translations
* OpenOffice.org translations
* translations of various packages, e.g. koffice-i18n packages
* dictionaries, e.g. for aspell and myspell
* Fonts
* Documentation

All in all we're speaking of several megabytes here with OOo alone
using around 12 MB for a language.

> The biggest yast-translation package is about 500 KB, usually these
> are about 200 KB.
> lcn string count is twice less, so seems like including 30 languages
> will take about 20 MB alltogether as rpm-s. Is this worth discussing
> at all?

The YaST and the lcn translations were always on the base media.

The discussion here is about the other files.

I brought yast and lcn in the discussion to have one objective (ok,
subjective selection) to decide which languages to add additionally.
The assumption is that if we have a language team that cares so much
about the localization of yast/lcn, then we have enough users speaking
that language and caring for it that it makes sense to support this
language fully,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany