I have problems with the sax2 configuration panel. this is not recent, but is still there in 10.2.

I don't see how I can manage to have several screen definition (640x480, 800x600...) or a virtual definition (800x600 on 640x480 screen)

of course, I know how to add this with vi :-).

the problem is quite unpleasant, mostly because it's bearly impossible to know what is the real size used by X - one need to go through xorg logs and they are not easy to read.

ity's not either possible to know what bit size is used (8 bits, 16bits...).

so it's necessary to use edit/try, comment out all but one mode, until the result is done.

I remember the time where it was possible to do this with yast... before the sax interface change :-(

nota bene: may be this is specially a problem for me on this computer because the neomagic card/screen don't accept the xorg.conf file values. With only 800x600 configured (default), the gnome screen definition applet displays 800x600, but the screen IS 640x480. It accepts 800x600 virtual, but I have to do this manually.

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO