On Sunday 26 November 2006 18:25, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Sonntag, 26. November 2006 18:14 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> > On Sunday 26 November 2006 17:37, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > > - grub is not installed - my system still boots the grub which was
> > >   installed by 10.1 (still living on another partition)
> >
> > Possibly bug #223576?
>
> I don't think so for several reasons:
> - only one harddisk
> - booting works (with the "old" grub from 10.1)
> - 10.2's grub was obviously not even installed (your bugreport sounds
>   like it was)
> - mixing things up in a way that exactly meets the 10.1 state from the
>   other partition would be a bit too lucky ;-)

10.1 installed grub to the /boot partition, and made it active. The MBR boots
the active partition. Your 10.2 install could have installed grub to
its /boot partition and never made it active. This could be why it doesn't
show.

To test this, start fdisk and make your 10.2 partition active, and reboot