> AJ: Maybe it would make sense to have a special image on CD/DVD
> (possibly executable from Linuxrc) that would contain some r/w YaST
> modules, especially the partitioner. Just to tune the system.

If I understand you correctly we already have that. In the "repair" mode
of installation, select "other" here
(http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/original.php?release=637&slide=5) then
select "repair installed system" then select "expert tools" this gives
access to the Bootloader and Partitioner modules, and I think others, but
those are the two which it's really useful to use in this way. It lets you
for example re-write grub after windows clobbers it, or to resize your /
partition etc.

_
Benjamin Weber