On 2006/11/28 16:05 (GMT+0100) Andreas Hanke apparently typed:

> Robby (M9.) schrieb:

>> Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed:        installing package
>> kernel-default-2.6.18.2-33 needs 8MB on the /boot filesystem

> This error message is not from YaST, but from rpm and therefore it is
> either correct or, if it were wrong, nearly impossible to fix.

> Please note: You always need *twice* as much space in /boot as the
> kernel needs.

> Reason: rpm unpacks the new package first and deletes the old package
> afterwards. This means that for a short timeframe, rpm needs double disk
> space.

> Whenever you set up a Linux system, reserve more space for /boot than
> one kernel needs; reserve at least four times as much. Or change the
> setup not to have a /boot filesystem.

Fedora's installer chastizes you if you try to set /boot to a partition
of much less than 80M. I get that error any time I do a Fedora install
to a 70M /boot partition, but not to a 78M /boot partition. Maybe SUSE's
should do the same?
--
"Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven."
                                                Matthew 5:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409