On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Felix Miata wrote:
> For several months at least, an FTP/HTTP installation must be baby sat.
> Always at least once, and usually several times throughout download and
> installation of packages, the installer claims the installation media
> cannot be accessed, and sits there stupidly waiting for OK to be clicked
> to try again. It needs to try harder on its own instead of just sitting
> there waiting for user input it shouldn't need.

Yes, that is why I finally download the entire dist tree.  After having it
on my local network I never had the problem.  I wish there was an auto
reconnect or something.  I was never able to get an install to finish.
But the problem goes away if everything is on your own local install
source.

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047