> It should just see that the updated RPMs are not installed and update them
> again.

Yes the zypp update is marked "not installed", but this time both the
zypp and the kernel update are ticked for installation, thus negating
the clerverness of ensuring a zypp update before doing anything else.
Not sure whether this is intended or a good idea.

A further, unrelated, reason for my problem here is that after uploading
my hardware details to Novell I got landed with
http://ftp.kddilabs.jp/Linux/packages/SuSE/suse/update/10.2/
which turns out not to have a rpm/x86_64/ causing all update attempts to
fail. Is Novell keeping track of all the mirrors and what they carry?

There is no feature to tell yast "this mirror you suggested is no good,
suggest the next one please". Manually entering an installation source
should of course work.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.