Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Felix Miata wrote:
>> On 2006/11/30 16:39 (GMT+0100) Eberhard Moenkeberg apparently typed:
>
>>> Use
>>> http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source
>>> ftp-1 is my best server these days for all suse and opensuse directories,
>>> both regarding performance and actuality.
>> I switched to this for this update. I started over 5 hours ago. It still
>> shows >2 hours remaining. I can't tell exactly how dismal this is
>> because yast doesn't bother to tell the download rate, but I suspect
>> it's in the modem speed range. From good performing mirrors I can
>> download an average CD iso in less than 20 minutes. I should have been
>> done >4 hours ago.
>
> Believe me, this is the best you can do.
> I have a bandwidth shaping of 800 MBit/sec since 8 minutes (500 MBit/sec
> before), and about 2200 sessions currently.
> The server is delivering 73 MByte/sec at the moment - so please calculate
> if "your part" is fair.
>
> BTW: the remaining 27 MByte/sec get delivered by ftp.gwdg.de. ;-))
>
> I can only guarantee the server stability, not the individual throughput.
> But the summary. Yes, I can. ;->>

As a side note, and to lighten the load on gwdg.de ;)

http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ is damn fast too for

- - stable releases:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/

- - online updates:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.suse.com/suse/update/

- - 10.2 RC CD ISOs:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/openSUSE-10.2-RC1/iso

- - Packman mirror:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/

- - guru mirror:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/suser-guru/

- - build service mirror:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/software.opensuse.org/

For some of those repositories, you also have the bigger boys in the
European mirror scene: ftp.belnet.be and ftp.heanet.ie

- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>