On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 20:32 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 01:38:55PM -0500, Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> > Since upgrading to the latest kernel, 2.6.18.2-33 I can no longer run my
> > CXO programs I.E. Quicken. I get the following error when launching the
> > program:
>
> What distro?

In the subject line.

> > wine: failed to initialize: /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: failed
> > to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory
> >
> > Is this something being caused by the latest kernel update?
>
> It might be because of default ulimits we have.

And I can change these where?

I reloaded the install kernel with the same results.

I don't know about others but this is a show stopper for me. I still
need to run a couple of MS apts and do not have the option of dual boot
or VMware available. So much for upgrading my desktop. I will still
experiment with the laptop for now ( this is how I found the problem ).

Ken