On Tue 28 Nov 2006 22:40:26 NZDT +1300, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> We just released a new kernel package that contains the latest fixes
> via online update for 10.2.
>
> Please install it on your systems and report if you have any new
> problems.

kernel-default-2.6.18.2-33

The kernel itself seems basically ok. SATA, raid1, USB, SCSI, oh yes
PATA too. AMD64.

lm_sensors works, but the init script always fails on both start and
stop. Smartmontools works fine on PATA but but has a rough time with
either -Son or -oon on SATA - 100% CPU for 3 seconds and some syslog
stuff, but -data -a gives plausible values.

Nvidia driver installs + runs flawlessly, thanks heaps to whoever put up
the instructions for 10.2>=alpha4 on the wiki. The nv driver is still
rather limited, not more than 1280x1024 on a DVI monitor.

Xen kernel works, for some definition of "works": no nvidia module, dead
on the serial lines, powersaved is no go. Yast does heaps to get this
all running, but puts nonsense into the host's menu.lst so the thing
doesn't boot. Installing RC1 as guest fails to detect any network card,
but adding this manually works. (Need reports for this?) Great project,
but gives an interesting comparison with vmware-server.

RC1 looks really good, would be really good too once heaps more bugs are
squashed. :( Printing worked for 2 pages and then produces white noise
(like pull the antenna off your telly), SCSI scanning only works after
manual command line intervention. Yast's quite buggy unfortunately, but
at least updating itself should now work fine ;)

Happy holidays Andreas, you must be wanting to catch up on sleep now!

Thanks for the great work to all at SUSE. It's much more convincing than 10.1!!
Looking forward to the final.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.