On Friday 08 December 2006 19:08, Hugo oosterkamp wrote:
Hi,

> > Just installed openSUSE10.2 GM from the i386 DVD and the mouse became
> > unstable during the Hardware configuration stage (Graphics Card &
> > Monitor).
> >
> > I rebooted and continued the install without configuring the monitor
> > (accepted the default resolution) and the install completed OK. This
> > appears to be a regression problem as it was not present in RC1 but was
> > in earlier alpha/betas. Note the problem is not in the installed system
> > only in the installation program.
> >
> > Video Card ATI:     Radeon 9200
> > SAX2:       ATI RV280 5964
> >
> > Monitor:    Philips 107P4
> > SAX2:       PHL PHILIPS 107P4

> Are you able to switch between users without having your screen getting
> messed up?

I only have myself and root but yes.

> I use defaults as well, but as soon as I touch Sax2 to configure the
> screen or mouse my display becomes unusable.
> ATI Radeon Xpress200, AMD64,

No I can run Sax2 with no problem POST INSTALL. Please excuse the emphasis.

I plan to re-install and document this one as it would be a total turnoff to a
new user. If I can reproduce this I will be asking a few pointed questions
because it most certainly was not there throughout the testing phase.