On Saturday 09 December 2006 00:19, Carlos E. R. wrote:
<snip>

Granted, the problem is with aria2. I hear the developer is working on this.

Needless to say, the main reason I'd use metalinks is because (i) I don't have
to search around for a good mirror; (ii) I get insane download speeds (I max
out every time, now).

The fact that rsync is there to backup any long download that goes wrong with
metalink, though, completely puts my mind at rest about recommending it to
others. And for ISOs such as DVDs I would *always* recommend it (with that
wiki entry).

Regards,
Francis.