On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Mark Hounschell wrote:
> Andreas Hanke wrote:
> > Mark Hounschell schrieb:
> >> If they split the 32 and 64 bit versions and put each on a DL-DVD
> >> it would all fit.
> > And who pays the bill for all the data that gets transfered just so that
> > every user has everything on DVD without actually using most of it?
>
> I _was_ going to say me, when I buy the boxed set.
>
> > The media layout is something that really a lot of work gets put into
> > (of course users don't see it...). The easiest solution is to just
> > install from the media as offered and fetch all further packages on an
> > as-needed basis.
>
> Ok, no problem. I'm happy to have the option.
>
> > The retail DVD 9 has everything.
>
> I thought it wouldn't all fit?

That is correct.  There is a lot that does not fit on the DVD 9.  That is
why I always download the entire ftp tree.  It is the only way I am able
to do an upgrade.  Although I do prefer a new installation.  But I have a
few systems that I do upgrade.

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047