Received the 10.2 boxed set and thought I would install today.

Hardware:

HP ML330G3 server with Smart Array 532 controller setup as a raid 5
disk.

When the install got to the reading the HD I got the following error:

"The partitioning on disk /dev/cciss/c0d0 is not readable by the
partitioning tool parted, which is used to change the partition table.

You can use the partitions on disk /dev/cciss/c0d0 as they are. You can
format them and assign mount points to them, but you cannot add, edit,
resize or remove partitions from the disk with this tool."

What tool can I use then if not parted? What other choices do I have to
install 10.2? It seems rather lame that when the driver is loaded it
properly shows the disk layout, and I am guessing that the driver works
properly, but I can't install because the current tool of choice has a
problem. The partitions also do not show up as a choice unless I use the
check box to show all partitions and then I'm not sure of what I am
looking at as there is nothing that remotely represents the partition
names of the disk.

Should I report this to bugzilla or am I just SOL (s**t outa luck) and
it will never support disks using the cciss driver? Replacing the
controller is _NOT_ an option unless you are willing to pay for the
replacement.

Another problem I ran into. When I cancel the install and dropped down
to the text mode install I tried to view kernel system messages and
received the following error:

"Sorry, linuxrc crashed at address 0xb7d64dee
linuxrc has been restarted in manual mode."

Currently running 10.0 without problems.

Ken Schneider