* Keith Goggin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-17-07 04:49]:
 [...]
> Ironically now that my scanner is working again, it hasn't worked
> since SuSE10.0, the print heads have totally blocked up and I'm up
> for a new MFP!  I've now seen three (3) CX5300's fail because of ink
> blockages so my new one will not be from that stable :-(

EPSON                                       (I have Epson 925)
It is recommended and I concur, that you turn off the printer except
when in continuous or nearly continuous usage.  I had to clean the ink
heads at almost every use (I am an infrequent printer) until I began
turning off the printer about three months ago.  Have not cleaned the
print heads since and see no skipping or blank areas.
EPSON

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/