[Sorry, I'm a bit late with last weeks notes]

Topics:

* libata per default

openSUSE 10.3 will use libata for IDE as well.  This means that
/dev/hd* will move to /dev/sd*.  The code for moving during update
should be in place but needs proper testing.

The remaining challenge is that AFAIK /dev/sd* allows only 15
partitions while people might have up to 63 on /dev/hd*.

The only solution would be to use dm devices for partitions.  This
will be further discussed in the next meeting.

* mDNSresponder -> avahi switch

We plan to switch from mDNSresponder to avahi and remove mDNSresponder
From the distribution - and thereby focusing on one package.

If noone objects, we'll start this asap.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany