Am Monday 22 January 2007 09:07 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
> We have now dropped mDNSResponder and replaced it everywhere with
> avahi.  If you encounter any problems with the mDNSResponder
> compatibility mode, please file bugreports so that we can get
> everything fixed in time for 10.3.

Bugreports based on 10.2 are also fine of course.

> Adrian will keep mDNSResponder in the build service if somebody likes
> to have it instead,

... or to validate bug reports. avahi and mDNSResponder should see the same
services in your network. You need to deinstall avahi to be able to install
mDNSResponder. The packages will appear here:

 http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/adrianSuSE/

Atm it seems that avahi does not see the services, which are visible with
mDNSResponder. You can check this easily via "zeroconf:/" protocoll. You may
want to expand the bugreport #236647

thanks a lot
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany