On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 10:44:54PM +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> createrepo seems to have been updated and appears to have obtained
> functionality to create an sqlite database, besides or instead of the xml
> data file.  More about this on in this email:
> http://lists.laiskiainen.org/pipermail/apt-rpm-laiskiainen.org/2007-February/000585.html
>
> Would it be possible for opensuse to provide the xml and the sqlite
> databases for the opensuse package repositories (incuding the build
> server)?  Of course on the condition, that it all appears to be working as
> expected...

We have already looked into this, but found it not to be usable so far, as
the sqlite database schema turns out to be a plain represetation of the xml
files, i.e. it's quite suboptimal for libzypp, which uses its own database
schema. Duncan, could you please elaborate on the details -- I know you did
some benchmarks already.

For yum uses it might still make sense to enable the sqlite db support (-d
option of createrop > 0.4.8).

Best,
Christoph