Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Tuesday 2007-02-20 at 15:06 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
> >> Consider the people who typically use more than 15 partitions per disk:
> > Really more than 15?  Who has that?
>
> Currently, I have three disks, with 20, 13, and 16 partitions
> respectively. Certainly, not scssi.

Hi all

Limiting to 15 partitions reminds me of de old DOS days

I can not format FAT with more than 32 GB, in those days (when they
developed FAT) I suppose nobody dreamt of more than 10 GB. So they
developed NTFS but they are incompatible.
Same goes for a screen 640 x XX.
Tramiel OS TOS on Atari and the old Sinclair computers were way ahead of
MO-DOS with its intrinsic limitations...

Only extreme good marketing brought INTEL and MS-DOS on top, else
Motorola, Texas Instruments Atari and Sinclair would have won the battle.

So no I do not belief that we have to develop a system with intrinsic
limitations, but then the future might prove me wrong.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Oosterkamp