Op zaterdag 24 februari 2007 01:10, schreef Edward Dunagin:
> Now this little old users is really confused. What in the world is
> repomd??? And how is apt connected with synaptic?

repomd = Meta Data repository format
It's a universal package (rpm) information format.  It's used by all kind of
packages managers, such as apt, smart, yast, yum, etc.  The advantage if for
the rpm repository provider (distributor) as now only now repository must be
generated.  Before a repository had to be maintained, for each individual
package manager...

> Does this now mean that when I run ap-get update, it really does not
> work, only looks like it does?

apt just works.  As synaptic (the graphical frontend) depends on apt and apt
(-beta) has changed libraries, synaptic does not work as desired with apt
(-beta).

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless