Hey Group;

I am involved with a older system with a SIS 530/620 on board video system. Yes, miserable! The problem is that any SuSE from a boxed set 10.1 to current 10.3.Aplha# fail during booting from CD #1 just about the point at which /dev/udev is showing on the screen. It locks up the whole unit. To rescue this system I have resorted to Fedora Core 6 and it is working at this point. I tried with SuSE at the boot menu to select VESA and TEXT modes plus failsafe. Nothing worked

It appears SuSE's udev is unable to setup a dev console/tty#.
The screen goes black and the keyboard is dead.

Anybody found a work around?
--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " [EMAIL PROTECTED] "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.