Donn Washburn wrote:
Hey Group;

Has anyone IDed the Ethernet module for a AUSU A7V8X-X MB with a Realtech chipset. Looking in the case it appears to be a RTL82018 chip. I tried a rt8139too and some others with no luck so far.

NOTE; this unit may have been damaged by lightening. It does appear the USR modem is gone out. The ethernet RJ45 was not connected.

Group - This problem is solved - turns out it was dual booting 98 and SuSE. However to keep 98 happy they turned off the ethernet in BIOS. Turn it on and bring up SuSE > Yast2 > Network > Network Cards and SuSE found a VIA-RHINE module. Problem with that is that no where is it mentioned on the net that the ethernet is a VIA chipset. I guess the RTL chipset is audio.

Anyway it is working

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " [EMAIL PROTECTED] "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.