Op Friday 11 May 2007 11:43:57 schreef Cristian Rodriguez R.:
> > I tested a previous version earlier this year. It's really great, but
> > also has some down sides.
> > Positive:
> > - free / OSS
> > - full featured e-mail & calendar server
> > Negative:
> > - resource hog (written in Java)
> > - many duplicate work inside, as uses it's own apache / postfix / clamav
> > - some interesting features are missing from the OSS version
> >
> > So, practically it can be installed over a base installation of openSUSE
> > and needs a dedicated (virtual) machine. While I'm not sure, if this is
> > something to be bundled with openSUSE, it would be great, if it could be
> > ported to 10.2 or factory (when tested, only SuSE 10.0 was supported).
>
> I have looked into this too in the past, however I concluded that
> integration requires a fairly large amount of work, unfortuantely this
> guys does not realize that distributions already has many of that
> components and insist on consistent, annoying and non-sense wheel
> reinvention. *sigh*

In case you want a groupware solution added to opensuse, you might as well
look at kolab http://www.kolab.org/ and http://wiki.kolab.org with its
opensuse page is at http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab  Just this week kolab-2.1.0
has been released.

Kolab uses only open source applications, it is very scalable each service
could be run on a seperate system (BTW: this is the power of kolab it can
support literally (10?) thousands of users).  It's secure, it has a healty
and friendly community.  Further more the developers are working very hard
together with the horde project to make horde the webinterface to kolab:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Horde  Once this is finished one has a very
nice groupware solution: kolab as server, a webinterface and fat clients like
kontact, thunderbird and Outlook.

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,