Alberto Passalacqua schreef:
>> Is it cmd?
>
> Yes, it's a command line tool.
>
>> Is it standard in openSUSE?
>
> Yes, it's installed by default.
>
>> Is there a manual?
>
> You can just type "man manual" in a terminal and read there, but this
> link provides you some useful hint to do backups:
>
> http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/
>

> You might consider also Unison, which is another tool to synchronise
> directories. It's available in the OSS repository of openSUSE and you
> can find more information here
> http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
>
> Both the tools can use the network to synchronise, by means of SSH.
>
> Regards,
> A.

Very usefull indeed! ;-)

I also discovered that the cause might be: ext3 > fat32, in which is
deleting from pc, instead right off the networkdrive even slower than
comparing(!)....(it is still deleting, while the new copy is ready for
at least 20 minutes... have too look into this!)

I now copied my home, which gets a little too fat if you ask me: 6,3 GB,
to an existing Reiserfs partition somewhere on another drive, which took
just a few minutes..:-)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.18.8-03-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64)
  KDE:  3.5.5 "release 45.4"