    AJ> I'm glad to announce openSUSE 10.3 Alpha5.

    AJ> Important Changes Since Alpha4
    AJ> ==============================

    AJ> [...]
    AJ> * Emacs 22.1
    AJ> [...]

I did a few upgrades like listed in Andreas's message on a computer running
10.3 .

I was quite intrigued by Emacs 22.1,
so I decided to also make use of these (Emacs 22.1 related packages) on a
computer running 10.1 (*),
but when I tried to also install the updated version of nxml-mode,
I got this:

    [2007-06-15 10:47:02] [EMAIL PROTECTED] # rpm -v --install
/usr/local/src/tmp/nxml-mode-20041004-74.noarch.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
            Mule-UCS conflicts with nxml-mode-20041004-74.noarch

Alright, I searched (Google!) the web for this message,
and I found something apparently related, saying Mule-UCS and nxml-mode are
incompatible.

Strange enough, there is no package Mule-UCS on that computer.

Anybody any idea how to get rid of that conflict or at least of the message?

Yes, I know, upgrading to 10.3 or 10.2 from 10.1 would be a way out,
but that is not option on that computer right now.

All the best!
J.

(*) Pls don't tell me, that was very, very unreasonable -- I know that myself.
So that's a waste of time right now.