Den Monday 02 July 2007 22:12:01 skrev Rafał Miłecki:
> Could some
> developer focus on this bug before publishing 10.3? It wouldn't be nice to
> remove ZMD and don't give any alternative wayof watching repositories for
> updates of _any_ kind (not these securityones only).

I think Duncan stated the position pretty clearly in the bugzilla comments
(#54).

"This feature can be consideered. But it is not a priority. We are making the
updater more modular so you can plugin backends and behaviour, that feature
will come naturally."

Personally I think it's a good position. I much prefer the package management
devs to work on libzypp performance and the like, rather than a feature that
does far more harm than good.

.. and with the rewritten libzypp and the cachestore it'll be pretty fast to
check.

zypper lu -t package

or

yast sw_single -> Package -> all packages -> update if newer avaialable