Kenneth Schneider wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 17:20 -0500, Donn Washburn wrote:
Kenneth Schneider wrote:
Trying to upgrade from alpha 5 to alpha 6 and I'm getting a lot of curl
errors with an unrecognized error code. Appears to be an ftp error.
Never had this on all of the previous alpha upgrades.

Ken
Where did you find Alpha 6?

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3-Alpha6/
Been there since early this morning.

Further info while I'm at it:

Applied the delta iso to the alpha 5 DVD, loop mounted the DVD on my
server and I'm doing an FTP upgrade. The upgrade hangs every now and
then with the above error, if I click on retry right away the error
message comes back but if I wait 15-20 seconds the upgrade will continue
on to the next package.

Thanks Ken;

However, is there a normal FTP or other way to get the DVD short of Bit Torrent. That is because I seem to only get a download speed of 6.3k off of a DSL 350K line. The last DVD (Alpha 5) took about 2 full days.
I just tried Alpha 6 and it was just as slow.

Anyone have a clue? Your "been there since morning" implies you are having the same problem.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " [EMAIL PROTECTED] "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.