Hi,

My installation of 10.3 beta 1 on Thinkpad X60 went well.
The only major problem was that the lack of recognition of
the wireless card (Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG),
which I reported in bugzilla (Bug 301076).

Two minor things I don't know how to report are:
1) During "Saving Remote Administration Configuration",
while "Downloading
http://download.opensuse.org/.../inst-source-extra/content";
I got a pop-up error:
        Error
        Download failed:
        Media exception
I OKed and installation continued.

2) During "Running Internet Connection Test" another pop-up error:
        Error
        Cannot install downloaded release notes.
        RPM signature check failed.
But the test was successful nonetheless.

Beside these minor issues, the main issue is with graphics.
The graphics card is Intel 945 GM. I did not activate 3D acceleration
right away and I got 720 FPM from glxgears at first.

After activating 3D acceleration through in SaX2, the rate improved to
only 840 FPM only. In 10.1 I can get 1200 FPM with glxgears on the same
hardware. So, 3D acceleration is not working properly in 10.3b1 for
this card.

Second issue is the tablet/touchscreen. This X60 laptop has a so-called
MultiTouch screen that works as tablet (with pen) and as touchscreen
(without pen). I tried to activate the tablet (Wacom ISDV4 tablet PC
(serial)) in SaX2, but it does not recognize the digital pen.

I also tried the existing types of touchscreen (no Wacom on the list)
with COM-1, but none worked either.

Should  I report the tablet and touchscreen separately in bugzilla? Is
there a repository that contains more recent Xorg versions?

--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?