Preface: ... a bit late and short due to Beta3 preparations, but still on
time (it's still Tuesday ;))

status report: openSUSE distribution, week 36

- 10.3 Beta3: first internal test build from today looks promising. Will
  hopefully only need minor tweaks tomorrow. Public release is scheduled for
  Thursday (2007-09-06).
- autobuild status: 8 failing packages on i386, 7 on x86_64, 25 on ppc.
- bug count down from last week: 14 blockers, 90 critical.
  * bug review pending after Beta3 is out
  * if there is anything <critical that needs attention, make sure to set
    NEEDINFO to cthiel or coolo, to get it onto our radar.
- the team made very good progress on libzypp / package management last
  week!
- bundle-lang situation improved -- not completly solved for Beta3 (check
  out #302270 for details)
- current focus for Beta3:
  * bundle-lang and friends
  * patterns / media layout
  * LiveCD
  * libzypp

Is there anything missing? Please let us know, if we are ignoring any hot
spots?

Best,
Christoph
--
Christoph Thiel, Tech. Project Management, Research & Development