Hi,

I updated a x86_64 machine from beta1 to beta3. After the packages were
installed I found the machine in a reboot loop. The grub boot loader was
not working any longer. So I tried Repair System. The automatic one
obviously deleted Windows from menu.lst. Then it threw an error about not
being able to access /dev/fd/62. A second try with this one left me with a
single entry for linux (i.e. failsafe and xen were gone, too).

So I tried the Expert option Repair Boot Loader. It recreated the default
and failsafe entries in menu.lst, but was not able to create initrd. the
script complained about not being able to access /dev/sda6 which is the
root / partition of my system (xfs containing /boot, too).

After that wreckage I decided to try a new installation of beta3. So I
have no logs for the above problems.

Has anybody similar behaviour?

Regards,
  Andreas