> openSUSE 10.3 BETA3 refuses to run on VirtualBox 1.5.0. BETA2 worked.
>
> Host: openSUSE 10.2, Athlon XP.
>
> When booting kernel, it says: "PANIC: CPU too old for this kernel.".
> Plus for some strange reason openSUSE 10.3 BETA3 chooses bigsmp
> instead of default kernel.
>
> See: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=1625

I've been trying to get it working (there is another thread on this).
I unselected the bigsmp and told it to install the default kernel...
and now I get part way through the install and it errors out to a text
mode and says there was an error in the installation.

Will keep tinkering.

It would be nice to know why the right kernel was selected on Beta2
but the wrong one is picked in the Beta3 install.

C.