Someone can tell me how to check the sanity of the system?

I have 2 installations of opensuse 10.3 beta 3:
1- 32 bits upgraded from 10.2 beta 2 kde
2- x86-64 kde, instaled from zero in 10.3 beta 2 (previous versions of
x86-64, could not be installed because the bug of the ahci driver).

In the 32 bits I found 2 weeks ago some libraries named libstdc++*,
which date was from year 2000, i would to verify from which package
are it, but with rpm -q could not detect it, and I moved it to a
backup directory.

This 32 bits system has from time to time a rpmdb crashes, and acls
from the removabledevices do'nt work right. Then I asked You how to
check the sanity of the system.

If I do'nt find the way, I must to format the 32 bits system
partition, and later add the packages from non official repos, and
recompile some applications.

The x86-64 works better than the 32 bits version, do'nt has the rpmdb
crashes and the acls for the removable devices works fine. The common
problem with the 32 bits version, is with the wxGTK based
applications.

Regards