On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 00:00 +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> Anybody on the list trying xen on 10.3-B3?
I have a same/similar problem
I downloaded the 10.3 x86_64bit dvd and was going to add a new domU on
my 10.2 system but nothing seems to work.

I have a OpenSuse 10.2 x86_64 AMD AM2 system running xen. Installing
10.2 domU works ok when done over network or iso image but I can't even
get the install to start when trying 10.3 beta 3.

Network install:
 I loopback mount the .iso on a different system and export it.
 I set the custom installation source url to point to it and hit next
 Popup that no kernel found
 Mount the same nfs on dom0 and can see /mnt/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz-xen
 test the same thing with 10.2 dvd and that works.

ISO:
 set iso install path to openSUSE-10.3-Beta3-DVD-x86_64.iso
 after a few pop-up windows I get the same kernel error as on network
but can't cancel out of it properly, have to start "yast2 xen" all over
 copying {vmlinuz,initrd]-xen from image somewhere else and use them as
a non-suse install
 it starts up and I get a window where the boot up gets going but then
it hangs.

Besides the installation source everything else is left at defaults

What am I doing wrong ?(hope it's not expecting to much)
I would expect installing a 10.3 domU on a 10.2 system would be a common
thing so if it's a bug I expect it to be some noise about it.
What can I do to install a 10.3 domU ?