Hello,

on Samstag, 22. September 2007, Per Jessen wrote:
> Christian Boltz wrote:
> > I usually don't even burn a mini CD and boot the installation
> > directly from grub ;-)
>
> What media do you boot from then?

I boot from hard disk, as usual - and then select the "installation"
menu entry in grub.

(I have mirrored the Factory tree on my home server and use this - via
HTTP or NFS, depending on the phase of the moon ;-)

> > http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_without_CD
>
> Yeah, for production machines I also install/boot with PXE (NIC or
> floppy), but for testing a machine or an alpha/beta, I don't bother
> with the whole setup.

What's the problem? You have to copy the install kernel and initrd
to /boot, add it in menu.lst and have the Factory tree available
somewhere (and "somewhere" could as well be download.opensuse.org).

Not really different to using the mini CD...

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> wie kann ich auf ein Tape Drive drauf schauen?
eject button drücken (oder mt -f <device> offl") und vors Auge halten?
[> Mrvka Andreas und Andreas Kyek in suse-linux]