Carlos E. R. wrote:
Gregg Nicholas wrote:
I've tried a clean installation from the 1-CD KDE for 10.3 RC1.
Five packages are broken on the CD (classpath, aspell, aspell-en,
cyrus-sasl, amarok).  Somebody else must've run into this, but I just
can't find the bugzilla report.

Did you check the md5sum of the burned CD?

the md5sum of the iso was okay.
Normally, I check the CD during installation - but that option doesn't
appear during install (as reported by others in this group)

Discovered that I can check the cd with:
dd if=/dev/sr0 | head -c 724422656 | md5sum

You were right - the CD was at fault. Reburned, tested, and reinstalled with no errors (but it still thinks I have bluetooth and doesn't work with any of my 3 wifi devices).