I just like to mention, that I also had problems with xfs. I have three
partitions (for Linux, one for Windows) swap, root
and boot. Until now, boot is ext3, mounted on /boot and marked as boot
partition. root has been xfs and mounted on /.
But, when I tried to install RC 1 on formatted partitions, install
stopped when the install program rebooted the system.
X mentioned something about xim problems (I use [EMAIL PROTECTED], so I see no
need for xim). I tried to install X by hand, but it was already there.
When I run ldconfig, I got dozens of lines like

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8.so.0.1.1 is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51 is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51.40.4 is truncated

I finally gave up, reinstalled the system with both /boot and / as ext3.
No the install worked fine.

--
Arto Viitanen