> I don't believe this is possible with zypper at this time. It is not a
> limitation of libzypp - you can select the specific version in yast2
> sw_single (see the versions tab).

Its supposed to be possible in 10.3 zypper, for zypper>=0.8.4, as
mentioned in bug 247320

The new syntax is (from current zypper man page):

install (in) [options] <capability> ...
              Install or update resolvables.

              Capability is: NAME, or "NAME[OP<EDITION>]", where OP is < <=  =
              >=  >  and  EDITION  is  VERSION[-RELEASE],  for  example:  zyp-
              per=0.8.8-2.

              Names are not only package names but  any  symbols  provided  by
              packages:  /bin/vi,  libcurl.so.3,  perl(Time::ParseDate).  Just
              remember to quote to protect the  special  characters  from  the
              shell, for example: zypper>0.8.10 or 'zypper>0.8.10'

              If  EDITION  is not specified, the newest available version will
              be installed.  This also means that if the  package  is  already
              installed and newer versions are available, it will get upgraded
              to the newest one.