On Čet, 2007-10-04 at 07:48 -0300, Gabriel wrote:

> Cristian Rodriguez escribió:
> >> First download all
> >> packages (keeping them on a special location), and after finishing the
> >> download, install them.
> > that is called "transaction", I suspect that there is a good reason why
> > it is not implemented the way you suggest.
> If there is a good reason, I would like to know which is it.

Me too. I must say I didn't figure what's the purpose of that approach.
For instance, Yum also downloads all the packages first, then updates
them. Since I'm still officially a Fedora user (I'll switch to openSUSE
10.3 over the weekend), I'm quite familiar with Yum. And the funny thing
is that Fedora developers also don't like SmartPM very much.

> > If a problem occur during the download phase,
> >> just retry from the last successful downloaded package.
> > and it should "resume" a download as well ;)
> Sure.

But what if we broke dependencies because of stop downloading?

--
Igor Jagec