On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Sid Boyce wrote:

> Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> > Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2007 Andreas Jaeger:

> >> Remove factory, otherwise you will update to head of factory instead of
> >> 10.3 final.  Take care that you use the xgl 10.3 repository - and then
> >> it should work...
> >>
> >> You can use "zypper update -t package" as well.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >> Note these are "unsupported" ways to update which have not really been
> >> tested,
> >
> > Are there supported ways?
> >

> Someone else's luck may vary, but I have upgraded 3 x86_64 boxes by that
> method, 1 from 10.2 and the other 2 from Beta2.
> Regards
> Sid.

I updated a x86_64 from alpha6 to gm by booting from DVD and choosing
update. This left grub in a state, where it does not boot and I couldn't
repair with Rescue System and Repair from the DVD. This is probably caused
by the fact, that I used xfs as / and have no separate /boot.

--
Andreas Vetter
Fakultaet fuer Physik und Astronomie