Am Donnerstag 01 November 2007 schrieb Sid Boyce:
> Sid Boyce wrote:
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root    root               26 Oct 27 00:22
> > /usr/lib64/libgda-report-3.0.so -> libgda-report-3.0.so.3.0.0
> > # rpm -qf /usr/lib64/libgda-report-3.0.so.3.0.0
> > error: file /usr/lib64/libgda-report-3.0.so.3.0.0: No such file or
> > directory
> >
> > That's right, it does not exist.
> > I have seen this on 2 x86_64 boxes after zypper update -t package
> > recently and reported in #336969.
> > "ldconfig -v" showed no broken links or missing stuff last night before
> > I did the update.
> > Regards
> > Sid.
>
> Checking Factory, packages are definitely missing.

Yes, it's a general problem we're facing, which is a combination of these 3:
  - people want factory synced out as soon as possible
  - we're required to review all new packages if we're are legally
    allowed to distribute them
  - developers split packages - creating new packages

Basically you can't have all 3 of them without problems you see. Additionally
zypper up -t package is a pretty dumb tool, it only looks at one package at a
time and doesn't see that requirements are no longer full filled.

So what you should prefer with factory is using yast2-update-FACTORY - it will
at least be able to tell you, that there is a library missing _before_ you
update. And yes, zypper distupgrade is being worked on.

Greetings, Stephan